Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eeeek! I did it!

Did what, you ask?? I applied to a doctoral program online last night, and I am nervous as all hell! Nervous about so many different things...
Will they accept me? Will I be able to manage? Am I smart enough? Am I dedicated enough? How will I pay for it? How long will it take? Will it be worth it? Will it help me obtain a permanent position at ESU? What if I don't get a permanent position at ESU?

Just so many thoughts running through my mind. I am excited, but so nervous! I don't deal well with the unknown, and the fact that my position at ESU is only temporary scares me on a daily basis. I truly enjoy it...I actually LOVE it. It is what I want to do until I retire. I will be crushed if they let me go.
Regardless of what happens at ESU, I should still pursue my doctorate. Like I said, it is what I want to do until retire. If it can't be at ESU, I hope it will be somewhere else I love.

Only time will tell! Wish me luck!

No comments: