Friday, October 17, 2008

Something so simple...


Got off to a rough start this morning. Samarah wanted NOTHING to do with going to Pre-K today. I guess that is partially my fault. She only goes two (full) days per week, and she missed this past Monday because I had off from work for Columbus Day. She also missed the Friday before that because she was sick. Needless to say, it has been awhile since she was last there. Considering she was only there three times prior, I should have expected a protest.
She whined/cried from the time she woke up until the time I left her crying in the classroom.

Off to work. Good day. Went out to luch with Ann and Michelle and then went to pick Samarah up around 3:30pm. Guilt had set in by that point, so I figured I should go pick her up early. When I got there, Ms. Mandy told me that she stopped crying as soon as I left and that she had a fantastic day. Samarah concurred.
I brought her back to work with me and she was an angel. We had a great afternoon/evening together which consisted of her playing with a doll while I finished out the work day, jumping in leaf piles on campus, going to the bookstore and going to the pet store (where I coincidently ran into Dr. John Elwood who I met and sat with the day before at the department chairpersons' meeting.) Small world.

So...back to these leaves. How can something so simple and so natural provide so much enjoyment? They cost nothing yet Samarah was so happy to play with them. I got some great pictures of her. I look at them and realize how great and fun it is to be a kid.
Just a great day!

No comments: